Celeste Matlejoane is making better changes for the community

SANITARY PADS I once had an idea of doing a project of sanitary pad's towels.But then I had no idea on how I was going to make it happen.Fortunately
my so called friend named Puseletso Marole and a nurse woman called Lenonyane Maakeme help me out to write a request letter for pads at some shop around Jane Furse.They told me that they've send my letter to the head office, till then they'll keep in touch to alert me when they've took their decision. Well,I was never replied but that didn't stop me from looking for other options,though I was little disappointed. I thought it will be better if I do walk a thorn in my village.I wouldn't be able to do it alone so I asked a help from one of my best friends,who is Angela Masemola.We did do our walk a thorn thing every after school. Even it was tough for me to cope,I would be exhausted after the process but still I didn't throw the towel.It was such a journey that I experienced in life.I would be swapped with home works to do plus the home chores that has to be done. We didn't do enough money in our village (vlack-plaas),so I decided to go to the other villages.I went to some village called Mamatsekele,which I hardly knew,luckily I had two friends there,Renolda Choshane and the late Mamatsi Mangoato.I took some nights at their place until I was done with my project. It was almost a week and half.Renolda showed me the place and accompanied me to ask for donations.In every house,I would enter with a form that showed what I was really doing.it contained my contacts,school stamp and the principal's signature. After I came back from Mamatsekele,I went to another villages which are kome and Mathapisa,which I was also accompanied by a friend called Kgadi Masemola. My teachers showed me the support and also gave me some advice.But some people from my village,never supported what I was doing. All they could do was to talk behind my back. They were just some naysayers who had nothing nice to say,but I never lost hope of which one day i will make this project to succeed. I met lot of obstacles,but I'm grateful to the lord that I passed through them. Before I could even go to make the donations,I would pray to come home safe,for I knew life is too short. I learned many things during the journey,some people would kick me out of their houses,insult me but I never cared much because I knew that I was going to meet things like that anyway. By the time I went to store the pads at Pick n Pay,I went to the manager,explained what I was doing and they got interested in it.I was sponsored with some money to buy the pads in their shop.I was excited and I still am. After a while,I heard of a project called Help A Child Out at Gamarishane. I found out that the members were doing the same thing which I was doing, so I joined the champaign. And soon enough, the Lemapo VW crew donated Pads in our champaign. We then went to donate them to the local schools.
Just a word of an advice to youngsters or every one who find it hard to achieve their goals in life: Life is a journey, it needs to be walked and lived. Don't just give up because of you've failed to do what you wanted to,try harder until you get what you've hoped for. Never give up even if its tough. Thank you.

Comments